CVUSD Hosts Odyssey of the Mind Regional Tournament – Seven CVUSD Teams Move on to State Competition
On Saturday, February 22nd, the annual LA Basin Odyssey of the Mind Regional competition came to the Conejo! For the fourth year in a row this tournament was hosted at Westlake High School. Teams participated in the day’s event from schools in Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles County.
Congratulations the teams from the Conejo Valley Unified School District that participated in the tournament! Based on their scores from the Regional competition, teams from the following CVUSD schools are advancing to the SoCal State Tournament scheduled for Saturday, March 21st at UC Riverside:
· Westlake Elementary School – A, who placed first in the Longshot Solution Division I
· Wildwood Elementary School, who placed second in the Longshot Solution Division I
· Los Cerritos Middle School, who placed third in the Longshot Solution Division II
· Lang Ranch Elementary School, who placed third in the Net Working Division I
· Lang Ranch Elementary School, who placed second in the Classics…The Effective Detective Division I
· Colina Middle School, who placed first in the Classics…The Effective Detective Division II
· Westlake High School, who placed first in the Gibberish or Not Division III
For a complete list of the tournament results click here.
Odyssey of the Mind is an internationally acclaimed educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Team members apply creativity and critical thinking to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. They then bring their solutions to competition at the local, state, and world level. Thousands of teams from the U.S. and about 25 other countries participate in the program.