Health Safety Tips and Information from CVUSD
The Conejo Valley Unified School District is working closely with the Ventura County Office of Education, and in coordination with Ventura County Public Health regarding the sharing of important information about the coronavirus.
Regional health officials say there is currently no need for the general public to take special precautions or alter regular activities due to the novel coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China. They do point out that we are currently at the height of the flu season and encourage everyone to practice good hygiene to prevent the spread of the flu and other infectious diseases. These health and wellness best practices include:
- Get vaccinated for the flu every year
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Frequent hand washing with soap
- Stay at home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional
Additional public information about novel coronavirus is available via the California Department of Public Health website and CDC website.
By working together to follow these important guidelines, we can help keep our students, staff, and community healthy.