Leadership Opportunity for High School Students - Serve on SDAC!
Conejo Valley Unified School District is currently accepting applications for the Student District Advisory Committee (SDAC) for the 2020-2021 school year.
Students may submit an online SDAC application for the 2020-2021 school year here, or contact their school site administrator for more information.
This committee was created to ensure that students within CVUSD have a voice that is heard regarding topics that impact students at our school sites. SDAC promotes open communication between students, administration, and the Board of Education.
SDAC is made up of a combination of students from all high school sites currently enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. Participation on this committee will be for the 2020-2021 school year. SDAC meets monthly on Monday afternoons. You will need to provide your own transportation to the meetings, which will be held in the Board Room at the District Office at 1402 Janss Rd. in Thousand Oaks, CA. If you have any questions, please contact your school site Principal. A combination of current 9th, 10th and 11th grade students from each high school site will be selected to participate in this Committee for the 2020-21 school year.
The mission/purpose of SDAC is:
Visit the SDAC website here.
- Create a safe environment for Student Voice to accurately represent our sites unified under one district
- Promote Community Awareness - A partnership between Schools and Community
- Improve conditions at the school site including: Safe environment, effective communication, college and career readiness and clean schools.
- Discuss and take action regarding issues/concerns with student body no matter how great or small.
- Support and promote mental wellness for students, events that focus on the social emotional side, students helping students.
- Advocate to provide more opportunities throughout CVUSD including: positive social environment around campus, entertainment and other unique and non-traditional ideas.
- Provide effective means of communication - student’s ability to contact SDAC regarding various issues, as well as learning from our peers and listening to what they have to offer.
- Celebrate highlights and achievements